Wouldn't you like to go out into your backyard or a friends yard and harvest enought wild weeds to make a salad or create a tea blend? Are you concerned that you may not know exactly how to identify the plants or mushrooms with confidence?
I am here to be your virtual guide! During this detailed course, we will learn about a new plant each day and their identifying characteristics and even identify the lookalikes. By learning 1 plant a day, you can complete your activities and move on to the next. The content will be added each day for the new plants but don't worry you can do this at your own pace, it will all be there in full for you at the end of 14 days and then for forever after that.
ONE plant will be added with all of its content EACH and every day! The list of what's to come is down below.
In addition, the following will be covered on each wild plant:
- uses and edibility for medicine and/or food
- how and when to harvest
- how to prepare it, whether as a dried herb, a tincture, a salve or even a jelly!
Each section contains videos for every plant so that you may see it where it grows, how it grows and how it is harvested. We will create remedies and recipes that you can enjoy right away and as you learn about each herb. This course will help you get from point A to point B and beyond and save you time in the long run by starting at the beginning with a new plant and finishing with completed remedy with a step by step process.
As a bonus, I am including a few toxic plants that EVERYONE needs to know!!
Another bonus is the addition of the 2 herb lessons from the "Intro to Foraging" Course so you will actually get a total of 16 new plants to eat and make medicine from.
After completing this course, you will have filled your quiver with many arrows, many arrows of knowledge and confidence.
PLUS 14 new plants to be able to identify!
This course is for you if:
- You want to know what is growing right out your door.
- YOU want to be in charge of where your food and medicine come from.
- You do not have any foraging experience or have experience but are excited to learn more!
- You would like to be confident in knowing the differences between edible species and toxic lookalikes.
- Free, healthy and nourishing foods sound good to you.
- You have children at home that are itching to learn new skills.
- You are saying, "Oh my goodness THIS is what I have been looking for!!"
Come on this amazing journey with the Forager Chicks!
The Curriculum is JAM-PACKED with lessons!
- Day 1 CLEAVERS - Plant Monograph - Field ID Video - Sticky Weed Pasta Video & PDF
- Day 2 CHICKWEED - Plant Monograph - Field ID Video - Poultice Video - Pesto Video - PDF's
- Day 3 VIOLET - Plant Monograph - Field ID Video - Color Changing Lemonade Video & PDF
- Day 4 ROSE - Plant Monograph - Field ID Video - Rose Petal Jam Video & PDF
- Day 5 DANDELION - Plant Monograph - Field ID Video - Fried Dandy Blossoms Video & PDF
- Day 6 YELLOW DOCK - Plant Monograph - Field ID Video - Wild Weeds Vinegar Video & PDF
- Day 7 STINGING NETTLE - Plant Monograph - Field ID Video - Nettle Pizza Pockets Video & PDF
- Day 8 MULLEIN - Plant Monograph - Field ID Video - Lung & Congestion Tea Blending Video & PDF
- Day 9 BLACKBERRY - Plant Mongraph - Field ID Video - Iron Rich Syrup Video & PDF
- Day 10 PINE - Plant Monograph - Field ID Video - Pine Tea Video & PDF
- Day 11 CLOVERS - Plant Monograph - Field ID Video - Clover Buttermilk Biscuits Video & PDF
- Day 12 YARROW - Plant Monograph - Field ID Video - Yarrow Styptic Powder Video & PDF
- Day 13 BRIARS - Plant Monograph - Field ID Video - Wild & Weedy Wraps Video & PDF
- Day 14 LEMON BALM - Plant Monograph - Field ID Video - Lemon Balm Glycerite Video & PDF
- BONUS VIDEOS
Anne-Marie is the Farmer, the Baker and the Medicine-Maker at Bella Vista Farm in GA.
She is skilled in herbal medicine, wild weeds, mushrooms and natural products made from herbs. Anne-Marie was self-taught in her herbal studies until several years ago when she completed a 10 month hands-on intensive herbal course with Patricia Kyritsi Howell of BotanoLogos School of Herbal Studies. She has received the Wild Mushroom ID and Permit from Mushroom Mountain to sell mushrooms in Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina as well as become an instructor for Mushroom Mountain.
Currently, Anne-Marie creates her own herbal products with her Forager Chick line and teaches others about herbal medicine, medicinal mushrooms and wild plant identification. She is a forager, homesteader, blogger and writer for her own blog and has written articles for other blogs, Aroma Culture Magazine and for Mother Earth News - Herbal Living blog.
Along with Denise Hardin, Anne-Marie has co-authored their cookbook, Wild Eating With the Forager Chicks, a beautiful book full of delicious wild foods!
Here are some comments about the course -
"The most neat thing has been my husband and I walking around the property looking together. I now feel very confident identifying these 14 plants!" - Holly
"I have learned so much about the abundance of food and medicine available in my own yard, even the kids will eat the weeds" ....seriously, so thankful for you! - Andrea
I am loving the classes. Nature’s giving is a blessing. Can’t wait to find a place to go foraging. - Diane